Saturday, February 10, 2007

Shock and Horror

Muslims at Cambridge are outraged and demand an apology from a student who published material from last year's infamous "Mohammed cartoon" hysteria in a local student magazine.
Asim Mumtaz, president of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Association, said: "I'm horrified and shocked. In such a seat of learning, I am horrified that things could stoop to this level. I'm actually shocked that intelligent people know how offensive this cartoon is and that they have decided to reprint it in such a horrible manner."

"I am very shocked..."

[...]

Abdul Arain, co-ordinator of the Cambridge Muslims website and a leading member of the Abu Bakar Saddiq Mosque in Mawson Road, also reacted with shock.

He said: "I feel a mix of emotions, but I am absolutely abhorred this has happened on our backdoor."

"What this person has printed is highly offensive and it has caused abhorrence and distress to many people."
I wonder if they feel "horror" and "shock" when Muslims kill and maim in the name of Islam.
He [Arian] emphasised Islam was not a violent religion...

I doubt it.


UPDATE -
The 19-year-old student who printed the cartoon has since gone into hiding...
Let's just be glad that Islam isn't a violent religion.

No comments: